Stehags church

Address: Stehag, 241 75 Stehag Show map

Address: Stehag, 241 75 Stehag

Stehag Church is one of the oldest in the diocese. Built in Romanesque style, probably in the middle of the 12th century.

Stehag Church was built in Romanesque style in the middle of the 12th century. It stands high on a hill overlooking the surrounding landscape. The baptismal font was probably made in the 12th century by Martin Stonemaster (Mårten Stenmästare). He also made the baptismal fonts at Reslöv, Västra Sallerup and Örtofta. The fresco-paintings were made at the beginning of the 13th century. Around 1725 the church was prolonged to the west. The so-called “new” church on the northern side was added in 1853. The chapel for members of the Coyet family was added in 1803. The original holy-water font was re-discovered during one of the renovations. Now it stands where it once used to stand, to the right of the entrance..

Show more

About this activity

 
 
 
Copyright © 2017 MittSkåne Turism, All rights reserved | design Unik Grafik