Gårdstånga church

Address: Gårdstånga Kyrka, 247 97 Flyinge Show map

Address: Gårdstånga Kyrka, 247 97 Flyinge

Gårdstånga church is famous for its renaissance furniture made ​​of wood carver 1609-1628 Jacob Kremberg. Welcome

The original church was built in the 12th and 13th centuries. The crossvaults were added in the 15th century. The tower was built in the 17th century. The interior of the church is known for its renaissance fixtures made by Jakob Kremberg. As a consequence of the Protestant Reformation there was a great need for new fixtures. Between 1609 and 1628 the pulpit, the altarpiece, the baptismal font with its canopy, the pews, and the barrier that separates the chapel from the church were installed. In the middle of the barrier the tree of life and the tree of knowledge can be seen. It is the only one of its kind, not only in Sweden but in the whole of Europe. All of this was paid for by Anna Brahe, who inherited Hviderup Castle and Löberöd Manor in 1611, when her husband died. Kremberg also made the pulpits at Hammarlunda Church and Harlösa Church. When the church was renovated in 1888 all the colours and gildings were removed. At the same time the vaults were decorated with paintings inspired by paintings in
Lund Cathedral.

Show more

About this activity

 
 
 
Copyright © 2017 MittSkåne Turism, All rights reserved | design Unik Grafik