Eslövs church

Address: Västerlånggatan 50, 24131 Eslöv Show map

Address: Västerlånggatan 50, 24131 Eslöv

Eslövs church is a red brick cathedral built in the Gothic style, known as "Eslov Gothic", with high pointed towers in the west.

Eslöv Church was consecrated in 1891. It was known as “Vestra Sallerup Church” until 1952, which can be seen in the inscription above the entrance. The idea was to replace the medieval church at Västra Sallerup, which had been the parish church of Eslöv and to have a church closer to the city centre. The
pulpit and baptismal font were moved from Sallerup to the new church and the church at Sallerup was left abandoned and disused until 1953. The pulpit and baptismal font were moved once again and re-installed in Sallerup Church. Eslöv Church is made of red brick stones in a New Gothic Style, nowadays known as “Eslöv Gothic”. In 1955 it had a pulpit made of limestone installed. The baptismal font is from 1962.
The chancel carpet is made by one Sweden’s foremost textile artists, Märta Måås-Fjetterström. Eslöv Church got its present name in 1952.

Show more

About this activity

 
 
 
Copyright © 2017 MittSkåne Turism, All rights reserved | design Unik Grafik